Dental crowns are designed to cover your entire tooth, protecting it from further damage and decay. Drs. Hutchison, Gorman, Mooney, and Grossman offer dental crowns in Centreville, Virginia, to return your smile to full function and appearance. Please call Smiles for Centreville at 703-830-9110 to learn more about dental crowns and make your appointment with one of our talented dentists.
What is a dental crown?
A crown is a versatile, effective dental restoration. When a more conservative restoration, like a dental filling, is insufficient to restore a significantly damaged tooth, our dentists may suggest a dental crown. The dental crown fits over the entire tooth, starting at the gum line, to restore the damaged tooth to optimal shape, size, and structure. This returns the tooth and your smile as a whole to good health and functionality.
Do I need a dental crown?
Dental crowns are often used to restore teeth that are seriously decayed or damaged. A crown may also be utilized to:
- Support a large filling when insufficient natural tooth structure remains
- Protect a tooth after root canal treatment
- Enhance the beauty of your smile by improving the appearance of a severely stained tooth
- Improve the functionality and appearance of a misshapen tooth
- Strengthen a tooth that is cracked or otherwise weakened
- Complete a dental implant treatment