What steps are you taking to combat bad breath? Bad breath, also referred to as halitosis, is the result of a nasty or foul odor emanating from your mouth. It is often caused by a lack of oral hygiene but it may also be a symptom of a far more serious ailment within your mouth or body. Everything from the foods you eat to bad habits such as smoking can all play a serious role in the causes of bad breath, so consider following these important guidelines:
– Medications that produce dry mouth symptoms can form bad breath.
– One of the easiest and quickest ways to abolish most common forms of bad breath is by using mouthwash.
– Plaque buildup that lingers in your mouth can promote bad breath.
– If you have an underlying ailment such as periodontal disease, also called gum disease, it may be causing bad breath.
– Bad breath can be caused by poor oral hygiene behaviors such as the forgetting to floss and brush daily.
– Several diseases and illnesses cause bad breath, including respiratory tract infections and liver and kidney problems.
For additional help with bad breath, Dr. Bruce Hutchison and our team at Smiles for Centreville are here to give you the smile you desire. If you would like to schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Centreville, Virginia, please contact us at 703-830-9110 to speak with a member of our team. Don’t let bad oral bacteria control your life. It’s time to fight back and get the smile you deserve!