What Steps Are You Taking to Combat Bad Breath?
What steps are you taking to combat bad breath? Bad breath, also referred to as halitosis, is the result of a nasty or foul odor emanating from your mouth. It is often caused by a lack of oral hygiene but it may also be a symptom of a far more serious ailment within your mouth or body. Everything from the foods you eat to bad habits such as smoking can all play a serious role in the causes of bad breath, so consider following these important guidelines:
– Medications that produce dry mouth symptoms can form bad breath.
– One of the easiest and quickest ways to abolish most common forms of bad breath is by using mouthwash.
– Plaque buildup that lingers in your mouth can promote bad breath.
– If you have an underlying ailment such as periodontal disease, also called gum disease, it may be causing bad breath.
– Bad breath can be caused by poor oral hygiene behaviors such as the forgetting to floss and brush daily.
– Several diseases and illnesses cause bad breath, including respiratory tract infections and liver and kidney problems.
For additional help with bad breath, Dr. [doctor_name] and our team at [practice_name] are here to give you the smile you desire. If you would like to schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in [city], [state], please contact us at [phone] to speak with a member of our team. Don’t let bad oral bacteria control your life. It’s time to fight back and get the smile you deserve!