Mike is a dentist who loves making his patients feel like friends and family. He loves helping someone who otherwise hates going to the dentist, as he is able to peel away the layers of fear and distrust over time. He has a passion for helping develop leaders for tomorrow and coaching people on their full potential. He likes to show the fun side of dentistry and the remarkable ways it can change a person’s life.
“My life has been blessed at every turn. My wonderful wife Erin, 3 awesome kids, a great profession, and the best dental team around. Always looking forward to the possibilities that today will bring.” – Mike Gorman
- 1994 – Graduated with BS in Biology from Virginia Military Institute and a minor in Business
- Graduated with Distinction (Academic Honor)
- Carroll Award for academic achievement – study of Biology (‘91-’93)
- Kappa Alpha Fraternity (Honorary induction for top graduating cadets)
United States Air Force
- 1997 – Commissioned 2nd Lieutenant in the Reserves
- 1998 – Officer Training School
- 1998 – Promoted to Captain – Active Duty
- 1998-1999 – Advanced Education in General Dentistry – Eglin AFB, FL
- Elected top Resident
- Stationed Eglin AFB
- “First plank” team member Pentagon Dental Clinic
- 1998 – Graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry
- Member – American Dental Association
- Fellow of the International College of Implantology
- Member – Virginia Dental Association
- VADPAC Committee
- House of Delegates
- Member – Academy of General Dentistry (1998-present)
- VAGD secretary
- VAGD Mastertrack chair
- 2005 – Fellowship
- 2017- mastership
- Developed and ran Master track program for the Virginia Academy of General Dentistry
- VDA -co chair of Va Political Action Committee
- Who’s Who in America
- Completed 8 Kois Center continuing education program. Over 160 hours of CE in all aspects of dentistry.
- The Misch Institute implant surgical mini residency
- LVI core 1
- Member: American Board of Sleep Medicine
- Over 500 hours of advanced education in cosmetic dentistry and TMJ disorder related issues.
- Voted Top Dentist multiple years by the Washingtonian Magazine and The Northern Virginia Magazine
- Northern Virginia Dental Clinic
- Clinical Instructor at the Medical College of Virginia
- Mission trip to Dominican Republic
- MOM’s Project
- Knights of Columbus
- Various community activities
- Working on my faith and spirit.
- Learning and creating in dentistry.
- Spending time with my wife Erin! We love going on dates, especially to see the Caps and Rock the Red!
- Enjoying my family of three children (Noah, Oscar and Audrey). I love taking them to soccer tournaments, dance competitions, or just hanging with them at the beach.
- Reading things that could help make me be a better husband, father, leader and dentist.
- Staying healthy and active, such as working out, meditation and golf.